Stuffed Delicata SquashPosted by in Food
I came home with delicata squash this week from the CSA and wanted to do something with it, other than just slicing it up and roasting it or sauteing it. I ended up hollowing it out and stuffing it like a zucchini which let me use up more CSA veggies and resulted in a really flavorful dish. It’s also pretty to serve. Use spinach if you don’t have kale. Add some chorizo or pancetta in place of mushrooms if you like. There are lots of variations possible with this one!
- 1 delicata squash
- 2 leaves of kale
- 2 large button mushrooms
- green top of a scallion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small garlic clove
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 and prepare a baking dish or baking sheet by spraying with cooking spray
- Cut the squash in half the long way and scoop out the seeds. Place the squash in the pan.
- Cut the kale from the center rib and plunge it in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain and squeeze dry.
- Add kale, garlic, mushroom, scallion, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to a food processor and completely the combine.
- Stuff the squash then sprinkle both cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and allow the cheese to brown, Serve
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.