Asparagus and Smoked SalmonPosted by in Food
I adapted this recipe from the April 2017 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. This dish works for brunch or for a side with dinner. I think it would also be nice if you added some cooked, quartered potatoes to it. That would make a full meal for brunch. It’s easy to put together and is a fresh tasting spring dish.
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 container (5.3 oz) plain Icelandic skyr or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp capers chopped
- 1 tbsp brine from capers
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill (plus more for garnish)
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 2 scallions, green tops thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the asparagus on a baking tray.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and zest, and honey in a small bowl then pour over the asparagus and toss.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the asparagus is tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Mix the skyr with the capers, caper juice and dill.
- Place the asparagus on a platter and arrange eggs, fresh dill, salmon, and scallions on the platter.
- Dab the skyr mixture over the asparagus and spread it around a bit.