Salmon with Garlic Scape Rice CrustPosted by in Food
I came home with more garlic scapes from the CSA. I’m trying to make something fresh with them and also freeze some as pesto so I will have a stash for the winter as well. This week I had some leftover rice hanging out in the fridge, so I decided to combine that with the scapes to make a crust for salmon. The scapes are really garlicky if you taste them raw, but they always mellow when you cook them. This was delicious and easy. I made mine on the grill, but you could also do yours in the oven. I just love the super fresh taste the sacpes give this and it saved me from having just boring grilled salmon for dinner!
- 8 garlic scapes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (I used gluten free)
- ½ cup cooked rice (any type)
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 6 ounce pieces of salmon filet
- Put all ingredients but the salmon in the food processor and process until it is finely chopped and completely combined. Heat the grill to medium high and place the salmon on a greased fish grill pan. Place the filets on it and cover them with the rice mixture, patting it down so it is firmly in place. Grill until salmon is cooked through.
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.