Potato Cake with Smoked SalmonPosted by in Food
Everyone in my family LOVED this recipe. The potato cake is crispy on the edges and dense and moist on the inside. The salmon pairs perfectly with it. We served this with sour cream, which I think it needed. Other than that, it was perfect. This is from July Cooking Light.
- 6 cups grated peeled baking potato
- ½ cup thinly vertically sliced onion
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3.5 ounce package smoked salmon
- Dill sprigs
- Place an 8-inch round metal cake pan in the oven and preheat to 425 (leaving the pan in).
- Combine potato and onion in a large bowl. Combine salt, pepper, cream cheese, and eggs in a bowl.
- Stir the egg mixture into the potato mixture.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spray with cooking spray. Place the potato mixture into the pan and pack down slightly. Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a plate (I just cut mine while in the baking pan).
- Cut into 8 wedges and top with salmon and dill (we added sour cream here).
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.