This warm and wonderful soup uses up leftover potatoes and leftover meatloaf. If you don’t happen to have leftover potatoes, cook 2 large baking potatoes in the microwave and use those. It comes together very quickly and makes a hearty meal, when served with a salad. Best of all, no one is going to realize you’re making leftovers. Not a single person at my dinner table could identify this as having meatloaf in it, even when we had had said meatloaf the night before! Just call it Potato and Hamburger Soup and no one is the wiser.
Do you like this new recipe format plug-in I’m trying? Let me know what you think!
- 4 tbsp butter
- ⅓ c. flour
- 4 c. skim milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups cooked, peeled, diced potato
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp light sour cream
- 1¼ cup chopped meatloaf
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the milk and stir in salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it thickens.
- Stir in potato, cheese, scallion, yogurt and sour cream. Cook until it begins to bubble.
- Stir in the meatloaf and cook for about 3 minutes until heated through.
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.