Chocolate Zucchini CakePosted by in Food
OMG. That’s what I’m filing this recipe under. I found it online (this recipe is all over the Internet, so I’m not sure who to credit – it is on the King Arthur site so I’ll say it came from there). I tweaked it and then we ate it for a week, moaning each time. It’s rich, fudgy, satisfying and evil. Except it’s made with zucchini so it must be totally good for you. Right? I’m going to make this every year with my overabundance of zucchini.
One ingredient that you might be unfamiliar with is chocolate extract. I ordered it from King Arthur, but you can also find it on Amazon. It’s like vanilla extract and I add it to chocolate recipes. It enhances the chocolate flavor and makes it even deeper and richer.
- 2¼ cups flour (I used Cup4Cup gluten-free)
- ½ dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini (about 2½ medium)
- 1 6-ounce package (about 1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Zucchini-Cake-907#ixzz2fMCr6F8p
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 13x9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cream butter, sugar, and oil together. Stir in the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk, until completely blended.
- Stir in the zucchini and pour into the pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate chips around the top of the cake to make a frosting as soon as you take it out of the oven.
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.
This sounds scrumptious. I especially like the fact that it has healthy stuff in it – zucchini and cocoa powder! Sounds pretty easy to do, too.
YUM! Fnally a zucchini recipe that my family might relish.