I’m so happy to tell you about my new ebook, a project that is close to my heart. It’s called Cookie: A Love Story: Fun Facts, Delicious Stories, Fascinating History, Tasty Recipes, and More. It’s just been released and it comes after years of work, but is a true labor of love.
Who doesn’t love cookies? They are the treat we grow up loving and are such a huge part of our lives. Cookies are how we celebrate and console and reward ourselves. I wanted to know where cookies came from and when I realized there was no book about it, I wrote my own. The ebook includes so many fun things:
– Why we are physically and psychologically programmed to love cookies
– How cookies were invented and how they evolved
– How history has affected the development of cookies (the Industrial Revolution, colonization of America, world wars, and our changing dietary needs have all affected the cookie and been affected by it – an amazing interplay!)
– State cookies, official cookie days, the world’s biggest cookie, cookie stacking contests and other fun
– Heartwarming and thought provoking stories from real people about how cookies have had meaning in their lives
– The history of Girl Scout cookies, fortune cookies, Oreos, Fig Newtons, and more of your favorites
– Special recipes allow you to not only experience the changes cookies have undergone over time, but also to replicate some your store-bought favorites at home
– Bright and fun and photos
– Stories about the cookie characters who have made cookies a national past time, such as the inventor of the chocolate chip cookie, Wally Amos, the woman behind Pepperidge Farms, and Betty Crocker
There’s so much more to be found in this ebook. You can either sit down and read it from cover to cover or skip around, reading tidbits are they grab you.
Links to buy as a Kindle, Nook, or PDF are here. Because it makes a great gift, we are offering gift certificates as well. You buy the gift certificate here and get a printable certificate with a unique gift code you can give. Your recipient redeems the code to download the ebook in any version.
This book is close to my heart and I hope you will enjoy it!
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Congratulations on this new book. What a cute idea that should appeal to everyone….because, face it: who doesn’t love cookies??
I agree! It’s the book I wanted to read and couldn’t find (nothing else like it out there!), so I researched and wrote it myself.
What a great idea! And just in time when I’m starting to think about Christmas cookies.
What a great idea!
This is wonderful news. One of my favorite writers writing about one of my favorite foods. Like cookies themselves, it’s too good to pass up.
I’m so looking forward to reading it!
This is so, so fun. You’re right – who doesn’t love cookies?! And you’ve got so much cool stuff in there. Cookies are one of my favorite things in life.
Congrats! This looks like a wonderful book. I love cookies, especially crunchy ones. What a great idea to include recipes that replicate some fave store brands, and to be able to see how cookies have changes over time. (I know Oreos have definitely changed,)
There’s even a recipe for Girl Scout cookies!