Quick Pasta Dish: Spaghetti with Bacon and ArtichokesPosted by in Food
Quick dinners have been needed around our house lately. My mother-in-law is in a rehab facility and we visit her every night after dinner. I need to be able to work a full day, get something on the table and hopefully get home in time to have a few minutes to catch up on email or have a little me time. This new schedule is a challenge, but I won’t skimp on dinner. Instead, I’ve been making some quicker things that don’t require a lot of time. This recipe is ready in the time it takes to boil spaghetti. I’ve adapted it from a recipe I ripped out of some unknown magazine. Wish I could say which one, but there’s no identifying features on it.
- ½ package of bacon, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ lb spaghetti (I used gluten-free)
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water to use in the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, cook the bacon in the oil over medium high in a large skillet until it is cooked through and brown. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and broth. Bring to a boil and add the artichokes and cook until they are hot.
- Once the pasta has cooked, stir the reserved cooking water into the sauce, and bring the sauce to a boil, whisking in the cheese and stirring in the parsley. Add the pasta and serve with additional cheese for topping.
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.