Easy Greek SalmonPosted by in Leftovers
Recently I found myself rummaging around for something to make for dinner. I had some salmon fillets to use, but plain grilled salmon didn’t sound exciting. I did have about 1 cup of cooked rice (not enough to serve, but I didn’t want to throw it out) and some feta cheese. So I combined the two and came up with a great crust for my salmon. This would also be great with chicken. You could add some olives to the mix if you liked, or some lemon zest. If you have fresh herbs hanging around, oregano would be my choice. Leftover couscous would work in this dish also.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 cup cooked rice (any kind)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (regular or fat free)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Greek seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place salmon baking sheet or prepare it for grilling.
- Place all other ingredients in food processor and mix thoroughly, until the rice is chopped.
- Spread the topping over the salmon and broil or grill as you normally would until salmon is cooked through.
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.