Absurdly Amazing PotatoesPosted by in Food
I like to prepare healthy meals, but once in a while a girl has got to splurge. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and I was sold. It sounds pretty simple. There aren’t a lot of ingredients. Believe me, this will knock your socks off (and make you feel really fat too). This is totally worth the calories. We scraped the bowl clean. I found this recipe here, but there are versions floating all around the internet. I altered this slightly since I didn’t have garlic oil. To lighten this up, I would use half cream and half skim milk. I would also use less oil and butter and see if I could achieve the same crispiness. I would likely add some fresh chives or some chopped scallions to this at the end for a little more flavor next time.
You will die when you taste this. It’s crunchy, creamy, buttery, cheesy and downright fan-friggin-tastic.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- 2½ pounds potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet with the garlic slices. Cook over low for a few minutes, allowing the garlic to infuse the oil. Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon.
- Add the potatoes and cook 20-30 minutes over medium heat, turning frequently until golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and add the cream. Cook until it reduces in half.
- Stir in the cheese until it is melted.
- Add potatoes and bacon and stir until combined.
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.
My husband loves potatoes. His version of this includes anchovies and sliced onion, instead of bacon.
Anchovies sounds really interesting. Unfortunately my husband won’t eat them. Or maybe that’s fortunate, since I could have it all to myself. At any rate. Gotta try this.