Roasted Delicata with Cream and CheesePosted by in General
Our CSA sent home a lot of delicata squash this fall and I’d never cooked it before. When confronted with a pile of five of them, I decided I’d better get serious about using them. This is an adaptation from a recipe in The Glorious Vegetables of Italy by Domenica Marchetti. It’s super simple and the best part about delicata is you can eat the peels, so it’s very easy to prepare.
This turns out brown and bubbly and oh so tender. It will look like you worked a lot harder than you did.
- 2 delicata squash, cut in half the long way, seed scooped out then sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅛ heavy cream
- ⅛ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray then add squash and oil, tossing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour cream and cheese and then toss.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until squash is soft.
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.