Garlic Scape Pesto PastaPosted by in Leftovers
Garlic Scape Pasta
- For the pesto:
- 16 garlic scapes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 basil leaves
- one branch of parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the pasta:
- 18 ounces fresh fettucine (mine was gluten free)
- 6 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced into ½ inch chunks (you can also use a raw breast)
- ½ cup cooked broccoli, chopped
- ¼ heavy cream
- ¼ cup skim milk
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Place the scapes, oil, pine nuts, basil, parsley, Parmesan, and salt and pepper in the food processor and process until completely blended into a sauce.
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions then drain when it is done.
- While the pasta cooks, cook the mushrooms in a skillet with a little oil. If you are using raw chicken, cook that with it until cooked through.
- Add ½ cup of the pesto mixture, milk, and cream to mushroom mixture and stir over medium heat for a minute or two, so the scapes cook enough to lose their bitterness. Stir in the broccoli.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta and serve with additional cheese.
- Freeze the rest of the pesto to use another time.
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.