Roasted Carrot SoupPosted by in Food
Roasted Carrot Soup
- 2½ lbs carrots, peeled, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 40 ounces chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Roast the carrots at 375 for 1 hour, until soft and beginning to brown
- Cook onion and celery in olive oil in a soup pot over medium high heat until onion is translucent.
- Add the ginger, carrots, chicken broth, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cream, butter and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Using a hand blender, puree the soup.
- Cook another 10-15 minutes on simmer.
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.