Absurdly Amazing PotatoesPosted by in Food
I like to prepare healthy meals, but once in a while a girl has got to splurge. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and I was sold. It sounds pretty simple. There aren’t a lot of ingredients. Believe me, this will knock your socks off (and make you feel really fat too). This is totally worth the calories. We scraped the bowl clean. I found this recipe here, but there are versions floating all around the internet. I altered this slightly since I didn’t have garlic oil. To lighten this up, I would use half cream and half skim milk. I would also use less oil and butter and see if I could achieve the same crispiness. I would likely add some fresh chives or some chopped scallions to this at the end for a little more flavor next time.
You will die when you taste this. It’s crunchy, creamy, buttery, cheesy and downright fan-friggin-tastic.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- 2½ pounds potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet with the garlic slices. Cook over low for a few minutes, allowing the garlic to infuse the oil. Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon.
- Add the potatoes and cook 20-30 minutes over medium heat, turning frequently until golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and add the cream. Cook until it reduces in half.
- Stir in the cheese until it is melted.
- Add potatoes and bacon and stir until combined.
You can follow any comment to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.